Tantai Farm appreciates the help from our international volunteering community as well as our Thai volunteers. Volunteers have been helping out on our farm since Feb 2016. At any given time, there are between 2-8 volunteers working on the farm doing various tasks.
Many various tasks on the farm that the volunteers can do based on the season of the year and crop schedule. In return, we teach Permaculture and Organic farming skills while the actual work is being done. All or most learning will be practical hands on assignments.
In general, tasks are categorized as follow.
Plants Farming (Many type of plants)
- Seeding, planting
- Propagating plants, ie cutting, grafting
- Making new grow beds
- Making compost
- Collecting Organic materials in the farm to make composts and composts juice or tea
- Cutting over grown grass
Animals Farming (We only rise Free Range Chickens)
- Feeding and taking care of Free Range Chickens
- Cleaning the coop
- Fixing fence or what ever needed
Making Value Added Products
- Making Mulberry Juice, Mulberry Preserves
- Making Gac Fruit Juice
- Making Lime and Honey Juice
- Collecting and boxing the Free Range Chicken Eggs
- Collecting the Limes, Papaya, and Banana fruits
Practical Training and Farm Seminar (future)
- Support teaching local farmers or those interested in Permaculture farming
- Help taking care of farmstay units, ie cleaning
- Looking after the guests
- etc …
English Teaching (future for 2-3 months volunteer period, free for local kids)
- Teach local kids conversational English
- Prepare English class
- etc …
Right now, we are focusing on using produces to make finished products. You will be helped and instructed in your tasks either by me or some of the local family that also works on the farm. The tasks that are being worked on at the farm change frequently. If you want to know what we’re up to at the moment, please contact us, and we will happily provide you with more detailed information.
In the future, we will open farmstay and give free English class to local kids.
We welcome and appreciate volunteer input in brainstorming and implementing new solutions and projects. Getting feedback from our volunteers is our way of improving ourself. So please do!
Our Daily Schedule:
- 08:00 – 09:00 : Breakfast
- 09:00 – 12:00 : Work (breaks on your own)
- 12:00 – 13:00 : Lunch
- 13:00 – 15:00 : Free time
- 15:00 – 18:00 : Work (breaks on your own)
- 18:00 – 19:00 : Dinner
Usually we take Saturday and Sunday off.
Our work schedule is not exactly written in stone. It is a bit flexible based on the season and the amount of Sun we get each day. We will work early in the morning, then rest when it is hot from the Sun and continue in the late afternoon when the Sun is bearable.
Check out our activities on the internet
- FB page http://facebook.com/tantaiorganic/
- FB Gallery: https://www.facebook.com/tantaiorganic/photos/
Come Join Our Team
If you would like to come and help us on the farm, please contact us using the follow methods.
- Simply message us on facebook page at http://facebook.com/tantaiorganic/
On Volunteers websites
- Our Profile on workaway: https://www.workaway.info/232919129847-en.html
- Our Profile on WWOOF Thailand: http://wwoofthailand.com/profile/?mid=97288&ownprofile=0
For direction to the farm, please click here!
Volunteering at Tantai Farm
Spend time having fun working on the farm.